Are you a talented travel writer looking for an audience for your literary masterpieces? Well you’ve come to the right place – we’re looking for travel bloggers to write for us and we’d love to hear from you!
We’d love to publish articles that will enlighten our readers, show them new, exciting places to visit, and showcase the hottest events around the world. Our readers are 18-40 travellers looking for good times and new experiences, whether that’s nightlife and festivals, learning about different cultures, or discovering adrenalin-fueled activities to do while away from home.
Regular contributors and guest bloggers
We’re really keen to get great travel writers on board who can contribute regularly, whether it’s a new post each quarter, month, fortnight or even each week.
We also accept guest posts from bloggers if you’re not ready to commit to writing regularly – perfect for anyone dipping their toes into the world of travel blogging!
Are you a brand or business? Please see our information on advertising and sponsored posts.
How to impress our editors
So, what can you contribute to The Traveloid? If you want to write for us, please review the following general guidelines on what we accept:
- Articles must be at least 800 words long
- Articles about personal travel experience are especially welcome
- A joke or two would be welcome to help fit the blog’s style
- Impeccable spelling and grammar is essential (British English preferred)
- All articles must include a high resolution featured image (2000px by 1300pc minimum), plus images to illustrate your article’s key points, which you must own the copyright for or cite the copyright owner
- You may link out to up to two other pages within your articles, provided they’re relevant to your article and offer value to our readers
- No links to commercial pages – they will be removed! For commercial partnerships, please see our advertising information.
- Make sure your post is well structured – please use <H2>-<H4> headings, lists and so on
- Use title case in each heading
- You agree to us making minor amends to your article where required
Before submitting a post, please be sure to review our terms and conditions.
Things we won’t publish
- Articles with self-promotional links. Links to relevant resources are fine
- Things we’ve already covered. Be sure to check our blog before you submit. If we’ve already covered your favourite destination or topic, what’s your twist on it?
- Articles that offer no value. If you’re pitching a boring list post on a generic topic, then you’ve come to the wrong place
- Off-topic articles. If its not related to travel, we’re not the right publisher for your article
- Hard to read articles with multiple grammatical errors. Quality content only please!
Submit your post
Ready to show us what you’ve got? Pitch your first article using the form below. We require all content to be submitted via Google Docs, to make it easy to import into our CMS. Please take a moment to review the following guidelines on how to submit your post:
- Write your post in Google Docs
- Navigate to it in Google Drive and right click on it to open the menu. Click on share.
- Ensure the sharing settings say “anyone with the link can view”
- Copy the link and submit it in the field in the form below
- Collate all the images used in your post (including an author bio image) in a Google Drive Folder
- Right click on the folder settings and repeat the steps above to submit your images folder
- Please allow 2-4 weeks for your post to be published. If your article is chosen to be featured, we’ll be in touch via email. Unfortunately due to the volume of submissions we receive, we cannot respond to each article submitted to us
- Having trouble? Get in touch with us via Facebook Messenger
Pitch us your first article using the form below! (All fields require completion)